Basic Conditions for Contract Coating
These basic conditions have been drawn up on the basis of a multitude of customised coating processes and the insights gained from them. They are used to achieve the results required as quickly and cost-effectively as possible with the lowest risk for both contracting parties.
Here you can download our basic conditions for contract coating.
You can find more information about our coating systems and techniques here.
13. When cutting the material, an appropriate division of cuts should be ensured.
14. The standard core size is 3” (6” possible by agreement).
15. The material supplied must be clearly marked (type number, batch, company name, etc.).
16. The material provided must be clean and packaged in such a way that it is protected against dirt and damage.
17. The tolerances for contract cutting depend on the material and its make-up, and it may only be possible to determine them definitively after a sample cut. The details in the quotation apply.
18. For contract coating processes (and other work, e.g. relining), the following conditions apply in relation to material risk:
19. The material to be coated (adhesive and/or film) is tested in our laboratory for its suitability for coating. If initial coating (processing) is commissioned on one of our systems, the customer exempts CMC Klebetechnik from claims for replacement of the material used if the coating process does not work (CMS undertakes to minimise the damage if problems are detected). Production costs are calculated pro rata.
Compensation claims for subsequent coating processes are limited to the service provided by us.
20. Any changes to the products or processes used is deemed to be a new commission and notification must always be given.
21. For contract coating processes that are cancelled by the customer after 5 working days or more, the actual costs incurred will be charged. The material supplied must be delivered at least 5 working days before the scheduled date.
22. If conversion work (e.g. UV systems, additional filters) is required on the systems before the trial begins, this is charged at cost. The measures required must be cleared technically in advance. The customer will be given a quotation for this and commissions the conversion work.
23. If the systems are hired on an hourly basis, one hour of preparation and cleaning time must be included. These costs are already included in the daily rate.
24. Disposal of the materials supplied is carried out without incurring costs as far as possible by CMC’s waste disposal company. If significant costs are incurred, they will be passed on without surcharge.